At Idiomatic, we want to attract talented people who are motivated by our mission and share our values. In exchange for their commitment, we aspire to offer our employees the most fulfilling professional experience of their lives.
We believe that in competitive industries, the products that “just work” are going to be the ones that win. We’ve already seen this play out with Chrome, Slack, and the iPhone, and can imagine a future where the frictionless customer experience of those products is considered the norm.
Idiomatic’s mission is to usher in this future, by providing companies with a roadmap for creating magical experiences with their products or services. Idiomatic does this by using customer feedback to tell companies what to improve and whether their efforts are working. This turns out to be hard to do, but that’s also why it’s valuable to companies and fun to work on.
Before starting Idiomatic, the founders articulated seven values that are deeply important to us. These values are intentionally non-generic – you can find many companies that don’t subscribe to each of these. We want to put these front and center so that you only seek to join us if this is the type of workplace you want to join.
- Build a joyful place to work – make it a kind, professional workplace where employees want to stay
- Be straightforward and reliable – say what you mean, do what you say
- Move fast & well – experimentation is good, errors happen, but incompetence and laziness are unacceptable
- Be ambitious – encourage people to push the boundaries of what they can do, and what is possible as a company
- Trust each other – to act autonomously and responsibly
- Be optimistic – focus on what can go right rather than what can go wrong
- Protect the culture – hold each other accountable for these values, and people who act inconsistently with our culture do not belong
We are currently hiring Analysts and Interns for our Insights team, which is based in St. Louis, MO. Insights team members use their business acumen and Idiomatic’s technology to organize customer feedback for clients. Additionally, the Insights team does analysis to help clients recognize opportunities to make their product or service more magical.
Regardless of level, the traits we are looking for are:
- Practical intelligence – fast learner, curious, articulate, independent thinker
- Great attitude – friendly, good communicator, internalizes constructive feedback, doesn’t get defensive
- Detail oriented – understands what customers are saying, can organize complex thoughts mentally and in writing
- Reliable – hits deadlines, plans ahead, willing to put in the necessary work to get the job done well and on-time
- High throughput – willing and able to take on a lot of responsibility quickly and to be held accountable to high standards
Profile for Insights Analyst:
- 1-5 years of relevant professional experience (analyst, customer support, sales, product management, management consulting, professional services)
- Bachelor’s degree
Profile for Insights Intern:
- Recent college graduate or college student
- Little professional experience but strong evidence of commitment to academics and extracurriculars
All positions have opportunities for significant and rapid career progression. We believe in cultivating our talent, and will do so with active mentorship and clear growth opportunities.
To apply for either the Analyst or Intern position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a paragraph about why you’re interested in joining Idiomatic and how you heard about Idiomatic.
We look forward to hearing from you!